Wildcat Music is the publishing arm of Indiana Brass Band, Inc., a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation formed in 1993. The mission of this corporation as outlined in its charter is as follows:
- the acquisition and preservation of period instruments and the restoration of these instruments to their original condition;
- the study of the musical repertoire of 19th century American brass bands, both town and military bands;
- the collection and publication of such music;
- the study of the history of the brass band era, including the bands, the musicians, and their performances;
- the application of these items to the purpose of live performance of period music on period instruments, authentic period clothing and uniforms;
- the education of the public about the brass band era.